know I can do more designing and taking the elements I learned in the
class and apply to my jewelry making. I also believe I can design new
elements. What I like best is the wire library."
am able to actually think of new designs to further my skills and am
more confident of my abilities. What I liked best were the clear videos
and fantastic verbal instruction by Rena!”
- What wire should I use - soft, half-hard, hard?
- What wire gauge should I use?
- I never know how much wire to cut.
- My tools scratch and dent my wire.
- How do I get started with wire jewelry?
- Wire is expensive, and I'm afraid of making a mistake with it.
- I don't know how to begin and end.
- What do I do with the scratchy wire ends?
- I don't know how to make my wire jewelry look neat and professional.
- I can't make my wire wraps even.
- My problem is straightening the wire.
- I struggle with making perfect loops.
- I want my wire work to be more even so I can make matching earrings.
- Should I use copper or silver filled wire?
- What's the best way to clean wire jewelry?
- How to bend the wire so I don't have to fix my wrong bends?
You'll get the solutions to ALL of these wire jewelry frustrations - plus lots more wire tips, techniques, projects, and secrets in my wire jewelry video course:
This creative, beginner-level wire jewelry course is a fun and easy approach to learning how to make wire jewelry.
And you’ll learn more than just how to make wire jewelry. You’ll also learn how to design it.
As you go through the hands-on wireworking lessons and projects, you’ll also learn how to develop your own ideas for unique wire jewelry components.
And by the end of this course, you’ll be designing and making your own artistic earwires, clasps, connectors, and pendant bails.
Course includes 26 videos and 27 helpful PDF downloadable cheat sheets, transcripts, checklists, and forms.
It’s taken my confidence and skill to the next level and improved my jewelry making efficiency.
I appreciate how much thought and time went into all the details and every aspect.
I will take anything Rena teaches!”
- Elizabeth Kaufman
have learned so much from this class and can’t wait to explore my
creativity making more earrings, components, clasps, and pendant bails,
in addition to other components that I am sure I can make using these
lessons I learned from Rena in this class. Wonderful class, Rena!! Very well worth every penny!!”
- Angela Walker Robison
Introduction, Wire Techniques, and Tools
- An overview of the information and resources in this class.
- The basics of jewelry wire, plus my personal top 3 wire working success tips.
- The basic tools we’ll use in this class, and tips for using them.
- What to do with your wire before you start a project, and how to give the finished component a professional look.
- Download and print the cheat sheets, checklists, and transcripts for Part 1.
PART 1 FORMAT:
Watch: 4 Videos
Download and print:
– 4 Video Transcripts
– 1 Wire Cheat Sheet
– 1 Wire Jewelry Checklist
– 1 Wire Jewelry Cleaner Recipe
The Wire Shapes Library
-The importance of shapes in wire jewelry components.
- 35 shapes – “building blocks” – that can be used in wire jewelry.
- How to make each of these wire shapes.
- How to find and add more shapes to your Wire Shapes Library.
- Download and print the Wire Shapes Library and transcripts for Part 2.
PART 2 FORMAT:
Watch: 7 Videos
Download and print:
– 2 Video Transcripts
– The Wire Shapes Library
Artistic Jewelry Component Tutorials
-In a series of eight project tutorials, turn some of the shapes from our Wire Shapes Library into useful, artistic jewelry components.
- Brainstorm a variety of creative ways to use each of these jewelry components.
- Use cheat sheets and measuring templates for making these projects.
- Download and print these eight project cheat sheets.
PART 3 FORMAT:
Watch: 9 Videos
Download and print:
– 1 Video Transcript
– 8 Project Cheat Sheets & Measuring Templates
How to Design Artistic Jewelry Components
-Six timeless design concepts, and examples of them in actual wire jewelry components.
- Ten ways to develop your own artistic jewelry component designs – plus how to make them stand out from manufactured components.
- An assignment to develop your own jewelry component design.
- How to go from sketch to finished jewelry component, plus how to make your own useful cheat sheet.
- Make the bonus tutorial project, and learn additional tips for jewelry design cheat sheets.
- Download and print the cheat sheets, checklists, and transcripts for Part 4.
PART 4 FORMAT:
Watch: 6 Videos
Download and print:
– 6 Video Transcripts
– 1 Wire Jewelry Design Cheat Sheet
– 1 Wire Jewelry Design Checklist.
. . . this system is perfect for you.
In this course I’m giving you a library of 35 wire shapes, and teaching you how to make them.
Then I’ll show you how to mix and match these shapes to create an infinite variety of jewelry components.
Then we’ll go beyond the Wire Shapes Library.
We’ll learn how to find (or dream up) other shapes, plus how to include them in your jewelry components.
This wire jewelry class will teach you how to design from your own creativity – even if you didn’t think that was possible for you.
I’ve included 27 PDF downloads – cheat sheets, checklists, forms, and transcripts.
By the time you finish this course, you'll have everything you’ve learned in a handy notebook that you can easily refer to.
And you don’t need to take notes in this class – just print the transcripts and enjoy watching the videos.
“I am an absolute beginner at wire working so I hoped the class would not be too limited in helping me get started.
I would recommend this course because it is well structured and logical
- Barbara Ladini
ideas for designs are much clearer and focused now. What I liked best
was learning to combine elements of the components to create new ones.
I highly recommend this class for any wireworker who wants to make the jump from following tutorials to designing their own jewelry.
I really enjoyed the class. The cheat sheets and video transcripts really make your classes stand out from the crowd.
Count me in for any future classes!
I’m Rena Klingenberg – jewelry artist, author, online jewelry teacher – and the founder and publisher of Jewelry Making Journal.
And I love handmade jewelry!
One area of my expertise is wire jewelry. I've been a wire jewelry artist for over 20 years.
Another area of my expertise is selling handmade jewelry.
Over the years I’ve sold my work in nearly every way imaginable – shows, parties, consignment, private showings, my website, wholesale, sales reps, distributors, eBay, trunk shows, fundraiser shows, etc.
My natural way of doing things is to simplify everything.
I cut out the clutter and distill everything down to simple steps and tools.
And I teach you how to quickly get professional, profitable results when you're selling your jewelry.
I believe that making and selling jewelry should be fun and do-able for everyone.
So let's get started! :)